Please contact Merv Dixon or Bill Maske for more information.
- Special training and Kyu exam with Sensei Haramoto, Sat, August 12thth, 2017 at Stanford.
- JKA/WF Summer Camp in Costa Rica, June 8th to June 11th 2017.
- Special training and Dan exams with Sensei Koyama, 8th Dan, JKA and Sensei Haramoto 7th Dan, JKA on Sat, May 21th, 2016 at Stanford.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat March 5thth, 2016 at Stanford.
- Special training and Kyu exam with Sensei Haramoto on Sat, March 8th, 2014 at Stanford.
- Special training and Dan exams with Sensei Koyama and Sensei Haramoto on Sat, May 10th, 2014 at Stanford.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Feb 8th, 2014 at Stanford.
Note: The list below is far from complete.
- We are extremely proud to announce that our instructor Sensei Haramoto has been promoted to the 7th Dan. Congratulations to Sensei Haramoto. 2013
- Kyu Exam with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Nov 9th, 2013 at Stanford.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Sept 7th, 2013 at Stanford.
- As of Aug 21st 2013, our training hours have changed.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Aug 3rd, 2013 at Stanford.
- Special training and Kyu exam with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Feb 23rd, 2013 at Stanford.
- Kyu Exam and Special training with Sensei Merv Dixon on Sat Dec 1st, 2012 at Stanford.
- JKA of USF and JKA of California are now affiliated with JKA/WF Americas.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat Sept 29th, 2012.
- Joint training with Stanford and Oracle dojos on Sat Sept 8th, 2012 from 12pm-2pm. It is open for all ranks and will be held at the Erickson Basketball Court at Stanford.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on Sat July 14th, 2012.
- June 7-10, 2012, Sensei Koyama and Sensei Takashina's JKA Summer camp in Panama City, Panama.
- Special training and Dan examination with Sensei Haramoto and Sensei Koyama on May 12th, 2012.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on March 3rd, 2012.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on May 7th, 2011. Please note that there will be kyu exams that day.
- Special training with Sensei Haramoto on May 8th, 2010. Please note that there will not be kyu exams that day.
- Kyu exams and special training with Sensei Haramoto, October 31, 2009. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or details.
- Mori Sensei's summer camp July 15-19, 2009 Training, kyu exams, and Dan exams.
- Kyu exams and special training with Sensei Haramoto; June 6th, 2009 at noon in The Ford Center, Stanford. Exams start at noon.
- Kyu exams and special training with Sensei Merv Dixon: Saturday December 6th, at the Stanford dojo.
Kyu exams start at noon.
- Sensei Haramoto will be here for kyu exams and general training Saturday September 27, 2008 noon at Stanford. In addition to kyu exams and training, we will put on a demo for the general Stanford population.
- JKA Summer Camp 2008 - July 29 - August 3. This year summer camp is at New London CT. Besides regular camp instructors including Mori Sensei, guest instructors will be Mr. Daniel Lautier, 7th Dan Chief Instructor, JKA France, Mr. Yoshinobu Ohta, 6th Dan Chief Instructor JKA England, and Mr. Koichiro Okuma, 4th Dan, Headquarters instructor, JKA Japan. To download a PDF brochure, go to the botom of the page of JKA NY website at http://www.jkany.org/
- JKA Karate Club of GWU First Ever Dan Test & Special Training -Saturday April 12, 2008
- Sensei Haramoto is pleased to announce that the JKA Karate Club of GWU (George Washington University) will be hosting its first-ever dan test (black belt examination) and special training on Saturday, April 12, 2008 from 1-3 p.m. at the Lloyd Gym on the Mt. Vernon campus of the George Washington University. Sensei Masataka Mori, Chief Instructor for the Japan Karate Association in the United States, will administer both the special training and the dan test. Sensei Haramoto invites any student who trains at one of his Bay Area dojos who wishes to take a dan test to register for the dan test and special training. Those taking the dan test must register for the special training, but students may choose to register only for the special training and just watch the dan test. Students planning to take the dan test should plan on training with Sensei Haramoto on Friday night, April 11 (at the Lloyd Gym), from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. More information regarding dan test registration and special training fees to follow shortly.
- JKA of California Karate Reunion Special Training - Saturday October 13, 2007
- We are honored once again, to have Sensei Haramoto in the Bay Area for a special JKA of California reunion, training, and kyu exams. We are also honored to have a number of distinguished guests, including Cynthia Haramoto who is visiting from Washington, D.C. The JKA of California held its previous Bay Area reunion special training in the Fall of 2003.
- The Erickson Basketball Courts at the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR) across from the Stanford Alumni Center have been reserved for the occasion, from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. The ACSR is located at the intersection of Galvez and Campus Dr. on the Stanford University campus. After the reunion special training, we expect to have dinner at Chef Chu's starting around 7:30 pm. Please join us for this special occasion.